International conference on climate nexus perspectives: water, food and biodiversity
Lieu: Khenifra> ONLINE - EN LIGNE
We are delighted to announce the call for the First International Conference on « Climate Nexus Perspectives: Water, Food and Biodiversity» 2020 organized by the Research Team : Environment and Natural Resources Management, Khenifra Higher School of Technology, Khenifra, Morocco.
The conference will be held on 04-05 June 2020 as targeted date with the aim to shift it into an online conference in the context of the COVID19 Crisis.
The conference will focus on the intersections between the crises related to the climate as well as the crises related to biodiversity, water and food security, suggesting that these are not separate environmental and social issues, but rather a global crisis of ecological systems requiring an integrated response. This event aims at addressing questions to integrated management of natural resources by proposing sustainable solutions that allow better adaptation and resilience to climate change. Please find attached the conference call (overall background) with the different keynotes to be highlighted during the conference including themes related to water management and food security under extreme Social and environmental crisis (Climate change, Drought, flooding, health and diseases, COVID19 pandemic...).
In this sense, the mean axes of the special issues are:
- Climate change: impact and resilience of biodiversity
- Nature-based approaches to climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- Sustainable management of water resources and impacts of climate change;
- Sustainable management of fishery and aquaculture resources;
- Sustainable management of fishery and aquaculture resources and climate change impact;
- Climate change and sustainability of agricultural production systems
- Water, Energy Food "Nexus" ;
- Food security challenges and preservation of agro-ecosystems;
- Food in the future.
Please SAVE THE DATES and feel free to share this message and documents with all information about the call for abstracts with your students, fellows and networks. The submission of abstracts can be done online via the following link.
Looking forward to your participation and good exchanges.
Should you need more information or for further enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Pr Sidi Imad Cherkaoui and Pr. Lahcen El Youssfi
Propulsé par iCagenda